Toph's Treasures

Friday, May 20, 2005

God is Awesome!!

Tuesday was an OK day not much to blog about except that I really wanted to call her when I was done withwork but I held back that temptation. It was tough but in the end it was probably for the best.

Wednesday night was cool! I rode my bike to church which was pretty amazing since I ran a marathon like three days before. The church service was great I had fun playing my drums and trying to sing, all and all I think it went well. Charlie talked about what Fela and I had gotten into a heated discussion about on Saturday night. He asked me what the purpose of youth group was. Basically, he told me he didn't like to bring his friends to church because we didn't preach Jesus to them. I told him to step up and preach about what he felt he should preach on. I have been challenging some of my junior high kids to do that. It ended up being a deep time for everyone where we all were praying for each other and people were getting touched and healed it was great. After church I went over to see Girl at the big church. I can right in and sat right behind her and started talking it was fun. She told me that I looked nice, I was taken aback a little by that because it was coming from her. It made me feel good inside to have her notice. I wanted to say something like "Well, I kinda dressed up for you." but I knew that was way to far over the top. I didn't really want to ride home although I would have if I had to. She offered to give me a ride home and of course I was like you bet. We had a great conversation, she actually thanked me to for the conversation that we had on Monday night. She also asked me what i was doing on Saturday. I was like well I have to work at night but the rest of the day I am available. She asked me if I wanted to go with her to hang out with the people she met from Africa when she was doing social work. I was like yes I would absolutely love that. So tomorrow I will be meeting up with her to go meet some African refugee families. This is her ministry and I am quite excited that she is allowing me to see this part of her life, it makes us closer I can understand her heart better. It will be so much fun.

We stopped at Safeway to buy ice cream for everyone. When we got to Meg and j's everyone was there and we all hung around and had ice cream and talked and stuff it was awesome. I was a little disappointed with Meg though because she said she would be done with her home work in like 10 minutes and it took her longer. We were goin gto watch a Freaks and Geeks episode all together but it was like 11:30 so Girl left. She said that she didn't want to go but it was getting late which again to me was another sign that something is there. Also when someone asked who brought the ice cream Girl said "oh we did" signifying her and I. That was cool. Please stop me ladies if I am reading to much into these things. Later that evening when my roommate Chris got home at like 3 AM I was awoken and was wide awake. Also Dan came in about 30 minutes later, we had a really great conversation about Girl and I revealed a nickname I was thinking about calling Girl and they liked it. Chris actually shortened it to Dex, so that is what I am going to refer to her on here until June 1st when I reveal what everyone who reads this probably already knows, her name.

Today I went to go see her at work. I told her I would see her at like 2 or 3 but it ended up being like 4 because of work just getting crazy all of a sudden. It was cool though, I ordered my sandwich from a different girl and while I was doing that Dex got me a glass of water. Then she was sweeping and she stopped and like sat with me my whole lunch and talked to me I felt like quite a special person. We talked about certain things and then when my glass was empty she went over and filled it up for me. I really enjoy spending my time with her it is so much fun.

I just talked to her on the phone as a was writing this. We tslked for about 11 minutes about totally random stuff but it was super funny. I was totally hamming it up giving her a bad time and such. She was hanging out with her friend Lauren, they had dinner and then were going over to her house to watch a movie. I was hoping she would invite me over but she didn't and that is OK. I will see her tomorrow for the whole day and it will be a great time.

God has been doing great things for my confidence on all levels. I am really excited about how much He is speaking to me about certain things and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is Him speaking to me. I love the Lord so much and man I just want to serve Him. I will be going on a mission trip to Canada next week with the Healing Rooms crew, and will be doing some speaking so I am real excited for that.

Well God bless you all and if anyone has any questions or needs prayer please leave me I comment I would be happy to pray for you.

Love
The Toph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home