Toph's Treasures

Friday, May 27, 2005

Fake dating, Oh well!!

This past weekend was a great weekend for me on a personal level. I titled this passage this because that is what all my friends are calling this. I am writing here also to update anyone who may not know how things are going although I know some of you are tired of hearing me talk about it. I am really excited that's all, all the girls want to find out how things are going with me and this new girl.

The weekend, On Saturday, Dex and I met at the church at 10 AM. I grabbed my drums and we put them in her car and drove to Kent. We met the first African family. When we got there it was awesome, I had a great time playing soccer with her and all the kids. I will have to admit there was a litlle bit of fun being had by all. I gave her a few good kicks and maybe and elbow or too just because I am so competitve but she was OK with that. The kids were great, I really liked the littlest one, I don't remember his name because I met a ton of people that day. I really connected with him and the other boy. We were there until about 12 and then left for the next family.

The second family was the one that I already knew from them coming to the healing room and that is who we brought the drums to play with. This family was Abi, Balu, Halle, and others. It was really cool though because they made us lunch and we ate it with our hands and had a great time talking, playing the drums and eating together. After being there about two hours, we walked to a different part of the complex where another family was. It was just the mom and kids, she had seven kids. She was very generous and offered us tea when we arrived and then later pineapple juice and bread. I really enjoyed experiencing Dex in her ministry time it really gave me a better understanding of who she is and what it is that she is most passionate about.

On Sunday, we both ended up on the worship team. After church everyone went to Taco Del Mar. She was there, we didn't really get to interact very much because we were in the group setting so sometimes that can be hard to really get to know someone. Meg and J were babysitting Araina Taft so that the Tafts could go on a date, by doing this they gave them there car so Dex gave J and Meg a ride. After lunch we took Ariana to my house to watch Shrek 2 which I suggested because I knew that Dex hadn't seen it and wanted to see it. So it really had a two fold purpose, to reach ariana and so Dex could see a movie she wanted to watch. I am leaving out lots of little details that I recall but that's ok this would be really long if I included everything.

Around 6 it was time to go, Dex was going to Harp and Bowl after she dropped off Meg and J at the Tafts. I was quite bold and asked her if I could go with her. She said yes. I was excited because this gave me more time to share with her and by this time believe me I am eating this up. I really really really......... enjoy spending time with this person, she is so awesome. She is one of the ministry team so to speak at Harp and Bowl which I really wasn't aware of but it was really cool. On the way home we talked all the way and then I noticed she was almost out of gas, so I said better stop and get some gas so we stopped at the gas station. I asked her if she wanted something to drink and then went inside and bought her a drink. Somewhere in our conversation we talked about the Bluff that is not far from my house so again when we got back to my house I was bold and asked her if she wanted to walk to the bluff with me. She did and so we did. it was great we talked she opened up and shared more about herself and her story, I was really interested to hear from her. We sat and talked until the sun went down really it was quite a beautiful night, I had such a great time. Again I really wanted to put my arm around her or hold her hand or something but again resisted till a later time.

I will update the rest later I have to get to work now.
Love you
The Toph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home